Monday 1 August 2011

Making Monday


My friend Natalie has declared today a day for writing about something we have made.

And over the last week I have knitted this hanging for my Mum.

Jane Thornley challenged us to 'Knit a masterpiece' using a painting as a starting point. She set us off using one of Monet's waterlily paintings to knit a shawl.

But my Mum and I both love Les Coquelicots and knitting lends itself to impressionism, and this is the result.

Squint and step back from the screen and the source of inspiration is there.

3 comments:

CCK said...

A work of art, my friend..

Probably Jane said...

The more I look at this the more beautiful I find it. Lovely work.

Melinda Jackson said...

Before I saw your mention of "Les Coquelicots" I looked at your panel and thought "That looks like the banks of poppies in the Monet painting". So you have indeed given me an Impression!

It's lovely.