Sunday 2 November 2008

Away days

We had a few days away over half term. We returned to Malvern, last visited in 2004 when I was beginning my running career and went for some early morning plods on the hills.
Not this time I went for the lie in and then walking later.

We visited Hanbury Hall on the way - they have restored the garden to the design it had before Capability Brown came along and went for the makeover country park style.















We went to Westonbirt Arboretum, famous for its autumn colour. We managed to escape the greenwelly brigade and their children doing the half term stuff.














And we had a walk in the October snow.















More pics on Flickr

3 comments:

Revrunner said...

Reminds me of my visit to the Elizbethan Gardens in Manteo, North Carolina this past summer.

womble said...

I looked at your pics on flickr the other day - they're really good - of course! It must be wierd going away just the two of you.

Highway Kind said...

2004 was the year I started running as well. Amazing how the time goes.

I like the autumn colours. i think they have been particularly rich this year.