Sunday 26 April 2009

FLM day

Its FLM day and for the last 4 years I have been down there for it - running or supporting.

I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't go down this year - it is a tiring day just supporting and I have a full teaching day until 5.30 on a Monday, so it was not a good idea.

So I watched the early part of the race while ironing. And of course I want to do it again now. So I've renewed my club membership, to increase my chances of getting a place, just got to get out there and start plodding now.

I'll let you know.

I have been knitting:

These little chaps were knitted to fit Kinder eggs, so each of the Beanzes had one for Easter.

3 comments:

Highway Kind said...

Good decision to get back to the plodding. I hope your knee is now solid and you can maintain a steady consistency now that you are changing jobs.

All the best XXX

womble said...

You know you can do it. And there won't be a nasty Dutchman telling you to go faster.

As HK says (ever wise), start slowly, get in some consistent training and you'll be there.

You've got somewhere to stay too :o)

@GirishMallya said...

Hope to do FLM some time in the not so distant future, am sure its an amazing experience.

Off late I have moved away from city marathons, focusing more on adventure marathons and longer endurance events.

Nice to see you blogging so regularly, wish I could have been so regular. Would blame twitter for it.

Are you on it as well?? I am www.twitter.com/girishmallya