Wednesday 10 June 2009

That's it then ...

The hospital appointment today has confirmed my forebodings.

No more running - when the man himself says 'well its your knee so I can't tell you not to but looking at the wear .....' you can't ignore the advice.

I'll probably get an VLM place now :<(

So its walking and swimming and learning to love the bike - but I don't actually have a bike at the moment. I shall wait until I get to the new job, when I can buy one through the 'bike to work' scheme and get Alistair Darling to cough up his share.

3 comments:

Highway Kind said...

That is very sad news.

You must follow the advice and take care of yourself

Swimming and cycling are both good but with cycling there are still forces through the knee.

I am sure you will find something that will give you satisfaction.

All the best
XX

sue said...

just popped in to wish you happy birthday
I hope things are settling for you in the knee department

Bedders said...

So you could still do a swim-bike duathon then?!