Sunday 27 July 2008

Off on holiday .... with a bike ??????

Tomorrow MrBeanz and I go on holiday, leaving the younger beanzes at home alone ( well they are 18, 18 and 22).

As we are going to Norfolk we thought we'd take the bikes and get some gentle exercise together.

S has a newish hybrid bike, just the thing for cycle paths. She is happy to lend it to me. But she is taller than me - I've just tried to get on the bike and its too big - the cross bar got me

Then we got my old road bike out of the garage - actually quite a nice Raleigh - lightweight etc. It hasn't done many miles, but I was a few stone slimmer and more agile then.

I just about managed to get on and get pedaling before we ran out of garden

But we've decided we'll take it and see how I get on on the prom at Overstrand. I need a nice quiet level and straight stretch of path to practise.

6 comments:

Highway Kind said...

Have a good holiday. I'm sure you will be a fully committed cyclist when you return

Anonymous said...

Have a really good 'un. See you when you get back.

WildWill said...

'the cross bar got me'

ROFLOL

Bedders said...

Enjoy your holiday and I hope the weather holds out for you. All that cycling training? I am very envious!

womble said...

If I can put my face in the water you can cycle ;o)

Have a fab holiday. You won't know what to do with yourselves........

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the ride!