Sunday 13 May 2007

cold wet and happy

briefly

a great day out at Stratford Sprint Tri

no, silly, of course I didn't do it!

I went down to support some Waister forum friends who were doing their first tri

and found myself volunteering to marshall!

I was marsdhalling at the turnign poiint on the run - so had people coming at me from 3 directions and occasionally failed to spot someone going the wrong way (sorry Cath, I wondered why I didn't see you coming down for a second lap!)
the weather was a little damp to begin with

6 hours later .......

it was persisting down and VERY muddy too


but I stayed out until the last lady had finished


they'd packed away the t shirts by the time I came in - I hope the last lady got hers!


I came home to find that my computer had crashed beyond recovery and the system was being reinstalled

although I thought I had backed up everything, it was rather an old version of my Eudora address book - so if you are reading this and think I should have your email address, please email me!

(unless you don't want to hear from me ever again of course!)

3 comments:

sue said...

you're a star for staying the course - much much harder than actually doing the thing. Sorry you couldn't stay for the post race meal at the pub. When and where is the next WAISTer gathering then?

b-z said...

great report
x

Cath Delaney said...

was lovely to see you yesterday!!! and a lovely big hug!

awful bliddy weather though!

C x