Sunday 27 May 2007

endorphins - you can't beat them

Sue suggested walking as that was not painful

and after thinking about it and looking at the torrential rain, I decided to go to the gym

so 15 minutes on the cross trainer to warm up

and then on to the treadmill - I started off walking and gradually increased the pace until it was at the 'this would be easier to jog than walk' pace and jogged for a bit then walked for a bit and so on for 30 minutes

when I went down to the changing rooms afterwards I couldn't believe how much better I felt!

and I didn't feel any pain while I was doing it - though it still feels uncomfortable when I am sitting and it is an effort to stand from sitting

I feel so much more optimistic - thanks, Sue

4 comments:

sue said...

Wayhay - it's good you're feeling more optimistic now. I've found that when I've been injured/ill that it's good to 'go back to basics' for a short while. It just seems to kick start things a bit, if you do this gym thing a couple/three times a week for two to three weeks, you'll be amazed at the progress you have made when you get back on the road.

I know you have a busy schedule, but 30 minutes a time is enough (45 is better!)

b-z said...

:))))))))

Bedders said...

Nice one!

@GirishMallya said...

Great work... am sure the pain will disappear soon.