Monday 26 June 2006

Back to it!

I managed to get up and out this morning. I really have to remember that the first two miles are always horrible.

I am exploring new routes in Cambridge - staying in a different hotel and lots of cycle routes to try.

Anyway, recently I have struggled with my running and blamed it all on the fact that it is all uphill coming home. Which means that if I go out for 4 miles, the first two are awful anyway and most of the return is awful because it is uphill.

Well today I was running on the flat so no excuses there. And the first two WERE difficult - tight calves, breathing difficult ....

But mile three was a revelation - I felt like a runner! OK a slow runner but I remembered why I do this.

So tomorrow I'll go a bit further and get more pleasure for the additional pain.

4 comments:

HappyasLarry said...

You inspire me Beanz. I don't know how you can fit the running in with all the other things you have to do and all the travelling, but you do.
And I loved the websites.

Outsidenow said...

Hear, hear Larry!

Good plodding beanz.

b-z said...

first 2 miles
toxic 20 innit

kep going

Anonymous said...

:o))