Sunday 8 July 2007

end of term!

We finished yesterday with speech day - and a fond farewell to my super U6 girls, they have been one of the highlights of this year - I just hope they get their grades now

I have managed a couple of runs this week and now aim to run every other day in the hols - gradually building up the long run.

The biggest challenge is this week when I am home alone and there is a danger of getting the 'munchies'.

I need to keep myself occupied and drink lots of water. It is not as though I have not got stuff to do - loads of school stuff to do - tidying up the end of this year and getting next year well planned.

I am marking GCSE exam papers at the emoment - possibly the last time I do that - it would be great to reclaim my summers.

6 comments:

Highway Kind said...

Having the summer to get into an easy habit of running sounds great.

Are you following any schedule for Amsterdam or is it just a matter of getting out as much as you can?

Whatever - enjoy yourself

b-z said...

Indeed
enjoy

mayeb we can get together over the summer for a plod

@GirishMallya said...

And I thought being alone for a while will give you more time for running. Munchies... no no.
I am sure you will surprise yourself....
The weather is already improving, the sun has finally come out.

sue said...

Yes, have a good summer - you deserve it.

Strangely enough, it's in work where my eating goes to pot. Lots of chocs and biscuits to munch and a jacket potato stall nearby. When at home, when I have the time, I tend to cook lots from scratch. Somehow this helps to curb my appetite.


enjoy your plods

beanz said...

Thanks, friends

HK - I have gone back to Hal Higdon, stretching it to fit the extra weeks I have to get a good base while I have the time.

b-z - yes we must get together, when I've built up the miles a bit!

girish - sunny this mornign but who knows what tomorrow will bring

Sue - work is much easier eating wise - no eating in the lab, so no temptation!

Bedders said...

I know what you mean about the munchies.......but short of drinking lots of water (and locking the fridge!) I am not sure I have a solution. Still at least the weather's picking up eh?