Thursday 16 March 2006

so it's true then

I am doing the London marathon - at least the mag has arrived this morning so I must be


but I feel blobby and stuffed up with cold


and difficulty in concentrating on anything

and I should be working

bleurgh


and I am finding it hard to believe that 3 hours is long enough for long runs for a 6 hour marathoner

and anyway I haven't done many long runs at all - in the past 6 weeks just a 2 hours, a 2½ hours and a 3¼ hours otherwise piffling things

and it's no good saying you've done a marathon so you know you can do it - I don't have any doubt that I will get round, but if I don't make a better fist of it than last time I will have wasted the last three months in not loosing weight and not training properly


bleurgh ....................

3 comments:

HappyasLarry said...

Beanz don't worry. I bet there's loads of us who are all wondering if the traning we've done will be enough. You will do it and as your times are getting quicker, maybe surprise yourself too.
This weather and all the lurgies will make it seem so impossible at times but it will all be worth it.

b-z said...

it doesnt matter what time you get round in
believe me-it doesnt
go for a good time, and let what will be will be
marathons are important
life is more so
it doesnt stop me doing the marathons-but if life gets in the way so be it
we arent professional athletes
this is a hobby-not a job
and it wont be your last marathon

beanz said...

thanks peeps - you are great!